NPA 26/2021 INCH
New Fast Feed Milling Tools Expand LOGIQ-4-FEED Family
Following the successful introduction in 2018 and growing market demand, ISCAR is expanding the LOGIQ-4-FEED family of fast feed milling cutters by introducing new tools that carry narrow “bone shape” larger sized (08) inserts.
The new fast feed milling tools have an indexable shell mill design configuration and are available in
a diameter range of 2.0” to 5.0”, which ensures a maximum .0787” depth of cut.
FFX4 XNMU 080620…Insert Features
- The cutter carries double-sided inserts with 4 cutting edges
- Maximum .0787” depth of cut
- 18° cutting edge angle
- Positive rake angle
- Ramping down capabilities
- Coolant holes directed to each individual cutting edge with coolant supply through the cutter body
- Double-sided insert with 4 cutting edges
- Positive rake angle for smooth and easy cutting
- Reinforced insert corner for improved performance when milling near a wall
- Available with two types of cutting geometries (T/HP) for optimal machining of different materials
Insert FFX4 XNMU 080620T
is for steel, ferritic and martensitic stainless steel, cast iron.
and hardened steel (ISO P, K and H application groups).
Insert FFX4 XNMU 080620HP
is for austenitic stainless steel and high-temperature alloys (ISO M and S application groups).
- Covers a wide range of applications
- Suitable for machining a wide range of workpiece materials
- An optimal solution for rough milling operations
- Ensures high metal removal rates
- Economical solution
Face Mills Carrying "Bone Shape" Inserts with 4 Cutting Edges for Fast Feed Milling
• To generate a straight surface without cusps, the width of cut must not exceed DC
(1) Cutting diameter maximum
(2) Number of inserts
(3) Maximum plunging width
(4) Ramping angle maximum
(5) Machinable diameter minimum for interpolation
(6) Machinable diameter maximum for interpolation
(7) Radius for programming
(8) Master insert identification
"Bone Shape" Inserts with 4 Cutting Edges for Fast Feed Milling
• For side plunging, the initial cutting feed is .004 inch/t
• HP- for austenitic stainless steel and high temperature alloys
• T- for steel, ferritic and martensitic stainless steel, cast iron and hardened steel .
Table - Averaged Cutting data for FFX4 fast feed cutters-Size 08
* ISCAR material group in accordance with VDI 3323 standard
** Quenched and tempered
For machining in unstable conditions, the recommended cutting data should be reduced by 20-30%
The NPA26 inch-2021's pdf file: View (PDF)
or Download (ZIP)